Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bad timing

I started going to the sexually-transmitted disease clinic, as a doctor not a patient. Last week I had a couple coming in for check-ups. Phil and I were in the clinic. He saw the guy and I saw the lady.

I asked the woman the usual questions, one of which was about how many sexual partners did she have in the past two months.

"I know that my husband is faithful, I know that for sure, but I've been with a guy last week. Also another man from work a month ago."

I had to check her boyfriend's chart to see if he had any infections because those can be transmitted. I saw Phil coming out of his room.

"Hey Phil I'm seeing this guy's girlfriend. What does he have?"
"Not sure yet, haven't looked at the slide yet, but sure he's got something. Jeez! Six women!"
"Oh I thought he was monogamous"
"hehe no! He said he thought his girlfriend was, but he went in a business trip to Mexico...."
"And had lots of business?"
"Yeah lots of business and probably some gonorrhea"

I went back to the woman's room for examination. Of course neither Phil or I would tell them about each other's histories because they were confidential.

I started hearing the sound of thunder outside. Arizona is a very hot place but in the summer we get lots of thunder storms, rain and flooding. Two days before that we had power outages because of the rain.

I was about the start the exam, the lady was ready, and just as I started the lights went off. Ooops! It's the electricity again! I waited for a few seconds, didn't say a word just waiting for the lights to come back again, but nothing!

It was a very bad timing. It was 7 pm so most of the sunlight was gone. I could manage to move my chair back, take off the gloves and try to reach for the sink to wash my hands.

The lady laying there asked, "What should I do"
The nurse helped her in the dark to get up, and told her to reschedule for next week's clinic.
The security dude brought his light and showed us the way out of the clinic. It was difficult to drive back home since some traffic lights were off because of the outage.
I'm hearing the rain now and I'm hoping that if we're going to get an outage it better be in reasonable time, and at a reasonable place!

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does electricity goes off in USA? never knew this before :S

Hareega said...

I never knew that either until I came here

Anonymous said...

So both of them thought they were faithful to each other, but none of them was!!! LOL! God life is can be sometimes…
But seriously, come on now, Arizona sucks.. really, I’ve been there last year for the weekend, and god the heat is just too much, I hated it, I have no idea how are taking it!! Allah y3eenak

Mohanned said...

Walla ya maher jordan b 2alf ne3meh! Hon el kahrabda btenga6e3 for days!

Miss sea lover said...

waw...living gets u to hear strange stuff...it is hard to have faith in the worng person, but i guess both of them were wrong!!

Anonymous said...

lol hareega, ru trying tell us that even the sky was mad at their unfaithful relationship. man jerry falwell couldn't think of that :)
BTW my advice to u is to keep a small flash light in ur pocket all the time since that's the norm where u live, and u never know ,hyena love to room the desert at dark :)

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for the post that will make me mad!

Hareega said...

maioush... yes it' unbearable sometimes. Wait till winter comes it's great. IT's much easier to deal with the heat (turn on the A/C and wear shorts) than with the cold weather (spend one decade driving and shoveling snow out of your front yard)

miss sea lover, it looks to em that they deserve each other!

zaid m... hehe I'll try to be more crazy than falwell. I used to carry flash lights for examinations but I lost it. I'm waiting for a drug rep to give me another one.

Batir... coming soon I promise, sorry for the delay

Anonymous said...

just so you know, ba3ed ma nageto 3ala Jordan, Today o a7na 3am ne7dar el game between KSA - Iraq, enga63at el kahraba bel gardenz o tla3 el 3ale!

Hareega said...

lol basita, hatha bidoon sheta o engat3at!

Anonymous said...

WZ3M94 The best blog you have!

Anonymous said...

XGNwy1 Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Hello all!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Eb6Yyc write more, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

640K ought to be enough for anybody. - Bill Gates 81

Anonymous said...

Clap on! , Clap off! clap@#&$NO CARRIER

Anonymous said...

Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Anonymous said...

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!

Anonymous said...

Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?