Sunday, November 30, 2008
Mikro-Blogging, Wake Me Up When November Ends
* I saw the youtube video of HM Queen Rania. Not that I can say it was awful if I wanted to, but I really think it was pretty cool. Despite the accent, she speaks English way better than George Bush.
* I drove for 15 hours on freeways between Arizona and California this weekend. I'd rather do this than drive from Amman to Zarqa for half an hour.
* Every person who speeds while driving for more than 30 kms over the speed limit has complex psychological problems. I'm generalizing. There are no exceptions here.
* The past tense of hurt should become hurted, and read (present) should be written differently from read (past). Whoever changed the meaning of "gay" from happy to a hemorrhoid hitman must be able to make the changes I'm suggesting.
* It was sad to hear about the attacks in Mumbai. What was more sad is that it took a terrorist attack that killed 200 people for some people to realize that Mumbai and Bombay is the same city.
* How come Israel's occupation of Palestine caused Palestinians to stick together and tore them apart once they started withdrawing from it, but the US occupation may cause exactly opposite effects on Iraqis?
* I miss the old Jordanian newspaper "Sawt al-Sha3b". I remember always feeling sorry for it because nobody used to read it. I'm also surprised there are still people reading Al-Dustor.
* I'm a bit upset that oil prices have went down. I don't mind them staying a bit high. That would bring more money to gulf countries.... you know, gulf countries, where half of Jordan lives these days.
* Why are people so obsessed with vampire movies and vampire characters? If you'll looking for someone to suck up your blood we've got a parliament to elect every 4 years.
* A new movie "Milk" was released. It talks about a gay man (Harvey Milk) who was the first homosexual to be elected to a public office in the US. He was also Jewish. So he was a Jewish homosexual, something that guarantees for anyone to get killed if they go down to Wihdat.
(In the picture above: Frech Tv anchor Melissa Theuriau. No relation to the post, just an eye candy. Warning to diabetes patients: before looking, take an extra shot of insulin)