Meanwhile, India has won its very first individual gold medal in Olympic history. Abhinav Bindra won the medal in shooting. After the Olympics he'll have a choice of either becoming the Indian national coach or a high-ranking officer in the Indian army in Kashmir.
* The war between Russia and Georgia has got ugly. When President Bush heard about Georgia being under heavy fire, he asked the citizens of Atlanta to hold on and keep hosting the Olympics the best they could.
* The Bush administration condemned Russia for invading a sovereign nation and starting an unnecessary war. Meanwhile Hayfa Wahbi condemned women who don't dress conservatively and Paris Hilton bashed celebrities who make sex tapes.
* The Engineering Union in Jordan celebrated its 50th anniversary. the celebration was sponsored by Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST). As a result of this, Israeli groups are asking Israelis to boycott any future scientific or technological exhibitions taking place in Israel this year.
* Osama Bin Ladin's driver was convicted of supporting terrorism. He was sentenced to only five years in jail. He was supposed to be executed, but when the judge knew he used to drive a Lada they lightened up the sentence.
* Jordan's football team ranked 114 in the world in the latest FIFA's ranking list. To tell readers how bad this ranking is, if our football team was a Tawjihi student the only college that would accept him would be Tafilah University.
* Lebanese singer Suzanne Tamim was murdered early this month. Lebanese TV host Nishan was brutally beaten by 2 guys in Beirut. It's getting so hard for Lebanese celebrities these days. With Hayfa Wehbe traveling to Tunisia, there were no bodyguards left in Lebanon.
* A John McCain ad displayed Barack Obama as being very similar to Paris Hilton. Obama said he did not like the ad, while Paris Hilton said she was shocked and pleased to learn that she was black.